Now, with 12 years of experience as an Educational Psychologist I have:
- worked in a variety of schools and settings, including primary and secondary schools, Special Schools, nurseries, children's homes
- carried out assessments with children and young people from 2-16 years with a wide range of needs including learning, language, behaviour and social and emotional difficulties
- provided support and advice to Special Needs professionals working within Early Years Settings and practitioners working in schools, to support children to develop emotional skills.
- been a representative on county and city-wide strategy groups,working with senior officers in the Local Authority, Health and Social Care
- been the EP on the Portsmouth Autism Assessment team for over 8 years, working closely with a consultant psychiatrist, clinical psychologists and speech and language therapists
- developed and delivered training packages on a range of subjects including Thinking and Learning skills, Behaviour, Literacy, Autism, Debriefing staff after sad events or critical incidents in school
- set up an autism awareness award, which encourages schools and settings to develop and improve their understanding of autism and the ways in which they support children with these differences
- run a city-wide preschool intervention for children with social communication difficulties / autism and their families
- delivered training to Educational Psychologists in other Local Authorities in Dynamic Assessment and Teaching Play to children with Autism, and to EPs nationally through presentations at conferences including the Association of Educational Psychologists and Southern Counties EP Services Annual Conferences. I have delivered training in Autism and Play to Special schools in the South of England and at the National Portage Conference.
- been involved in the implementation of the SEND reforms, including introduction of the Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans, within a Local Authority
- BSc Psychology (University of Portsmouth) - 1992-1995
- PGCE (University of Southampton) - 1995-1996
- MSc Educational Psychology (University of Southampton) 2001-2002
- a member of the British Psychological Society's Division of Child and Educational Psychology (DECP) and the Association of Educational Psychologists,
- registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- and hold British Psychological Society Chartered Status.